Sunday, September 16, 2012

Curtains and table runner

For the two years we've been in our home, my husband has used an old to towel on the credenza in the basement by the pool table.  Since I finally finished my mom's t-shirt quilt, I knocked out a couple things on my "To Do" list.  One was the curtains for the small window in his "man cave." On our honeymoon, I went to a quilt shop in Murphy, NC and found a beer bottle fabric.  I made these lovely curtains for him from it.


Looks nice against the wood paneling!

So I used fabrics that made me think of Jason to make his table runner: nature, geometric shapes, money (he collects coins), beer, dice (he enjoys playing poker), music, and Celtic symbols.  From there, I made three large blocks all the same but with different fabric.  Hindsight: These fabrics are too busy to be put together.  But it works for where it goes and looks better than a damn stained, old bath towel. 

Pre-binding.  It looks OK.

It's a good sized table runner.He's holding it to show it's length (he's 6'3").

Close up of the binding.  One of the few times I like how I did the binding.

You can see the quilting/embroidery work that I did by hand.  I did swirls like that in only the two corners (the other you can't see because I turned the runner over).

Happy times! I like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment