Sunday, April 14, 2013

Picture this.

Last weekend, the hubby went out of town on a boy's weekend trip.  Jessie's boy went along with him. So what did we do? Why, hang out and take some awesome pictures of DC Monuments!

I know the lighting isn't great on a lot of these, but I'm still trying to figure out my fancypants camera.  Luckily, Jessie's trying to start her own photography business so she's super knowledgeable about this stuff and gave me some tips (ex: use the RAW setting so I can adjust exposure on my computer afterward... SO HELPFUL!).

The tree grew around the headstone. Really neat looking.



She's too short! So cute.

Looks like the tree of life.


The shadows are really cool.
The Air Force Memorial over the hill.

I love that you can see the Washington Monument through the trees.

This says "his wives" - I found it interesting they share a place.


So crowded! The headstones are 5" from the wall.

Walked off base and went to the Iwo Jima Memorial

Love this image with the Washington Monument in the distance.




"Let Freedom Ring" - Gift from the Netherlands after WWII. Beautiful.

Jessie being artsy and taking pictures.

I loooooovvvveee tulips. And, shockingly, there are tulips planted in front of the Netherlands bell tower.

See the pyramid? Not sure why there is one.

Air Force  Memorial.

Pentagon from a distance.

So, those are the good ones.  Feedback welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment