Saturday, July 6, 2013

Peachy Keen Peaches 'n Cream

It's been a while since I've used my lovely KitchenAid Mixer.... well, I busted that lovely piece of equipment out tonight to try my luck with Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes.  I googled a couple different recipes, but this is the one that seemed the most delicious.

After making someone else buy everything *cough*, I buckled down to figure this recipe out.  The fun part was that I needed to either A. Make my own Peaches and Cream to then mush up to mix in with the cupcake or B. Use Peach Jam. I opted to make my own Peaches and Cream dessert, which the blog happily links to, but I don't think I did it the correct way.  Or, rather, I think I put in more than 2 C worth of the mush (oops).  The batter looked a little.... thick.

Also, this definitely made more than 12 cupcakes... Again, probably due to my heavy handed error. But it was tasty. 

I popped it in for 23 minutes and hoped...

Ta-da! They're rather ugly shaped, but that's ok. I've got icing to cover them. 

Then I made the frosting as instructed and even saved some peaches for garnish.

Icing came out fine. Maybe needed more overall but that's ok. 

I proceeded to get out my Wilton cupcake and cake decorating kit that I got as a wedding gift.  Well, Wilton's instructions sucked, to be frank, so I enjoyed up using YouTube on how to set up the icing bag.

Some of the icing melted because 4-5 of them weren't cooled enough. Ah, live and learn!  I added a dash of cinnamon and peach slice on post like the other blog did. 


So cute!  Can't wait to eat one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment