Friday, July 5, 2013

Scandalous Stretchy Skirt

I bought some pretty ugly (in my opinion) stretchy fabric off the "rotten rack" a while back.  Finally, I decided to try and make something out of it.  One of the reasons I held off is that the summer is my busiest time of year... and, to be completely honest, I forgot about the fabric.

Originally, I thought I had pinned something off of Pinterest that would show me how to sew properly with stretchy material, but alas, I hadn't.  I did a quick search and found this blog post show casing a skirt that seemed easy enough for me to figure out.

First thing I did was buy the correct needles.  Back in October when I made my Halloween costume I didn't bother to use a different needle and I hated life because of it. Live and learn, right?

This was SO MUCH EASIER to sew than that costume.  Seriously. It was incredibly easy to make this and stitch it together.  It's a little short for my taste, so I'll be measuring better next time I make one of these (this won't be the last one, I can promise that!).  When I first sewed it together, it looked too short for me so I tried to cut a different black fabric to add at the top.  However, it wasn't the same material, so even before I tried to sew it together it was fraying and pulling apart.  Basically, the new black fabric wasn't going to work for this project... womp womp.  But that's ok! The skirt turned out fabulous as is.  Also, it's super duper comfy. Perfect for summer!


Ignore the facial expression, I was staring into the sun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment