Monday, March 25, 2013

Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy...

A couple weeks ago I made a flying pig for a co-worker that was really awesome to me and is leaving =(

I never go with traditional colors. Phfft, a pink pig.

I got the tutorial for free from here.  It was my first Double Pointed Needles project (legit project, not practice) and I really loved making this pig (the wings sucked -- but that wasn't the tutorial's fault, it's because I'm not great at SSK).

So I made another one  for a friend's birthday.....

The blue was super slick. Not as easy to knit as the yellow one.

His legs were 2 rows longer than the tutorial (experimenting)... regret doing that.  He looks like he's sliding into home plate.

Still super cute.

And then another....

The eyes are in white, but it's so colorful it's hard to see here.

I did a much better job following the tutorial for the legs.  His are spot on.

His wings suck.  Three pigs later and I'm STILL not good at that part. Hmmph.  

This one was for another friend, but the hubby commandeered it as his own (he really liked the colors). 

I think the yarn color makes him look like a pinata. But as long as he's happy...

Still have two more to make before moving onto another knit pattern!





2 comments: