Sunday, March 3, 2013

Knitting Supply Revisited

Remember the crochet supply bag that I made for Jesse's Birthday?  Well, when the hubby came back from  visiting his parents, he brought with him a bunch of knitting supplies from his Grandma.  I inherited 10 pairs of needles and a bunch of skeins of yarn.  I needed a place to store it... and soon. Since I already knew how to make a crochet bag, I set to making myself a knitting supply bag.

I used the 9" pie pan as a template for the bottom of the bag and measured the circumference for the long tube. I made it stand as tall as a typical desk because of how much yarn I had inherited.  I wanted to hide it all from my yarn gobbling kitties.

Notice all the pins? I pinned the hell out of this project. Made it a lot easier to sew.

Again, as I mentioned in the previous post, I used fusible batting and made two straps in lieu of the one strap that the blog that inspired me used (two is more sturdy).  I then used Nina's fancy built in stitches to jazz it up a bit an have fun.  Using a zig-zag stitch to ensure that the needle pockets wouldn't rip/fall off was rather fun. Nina made this project FLY by. Thoroughly enough making it.

It can hold size US 19 needles (the pink ones) and cable ones and scissors! I tried to make it hold everything you could possibly need in your knitting projects (not the embroidery needle - they're really tiny... need to find a good fix for that).

It only stands up that much because it's full of yarn.  When it isn't, it flops over all sad. Hence... reason to buy loads of yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment